Drinking Your Fruits and Vegetables? Why Not?
Everyone knows that eating a daily portion of fruits and vegetables is very important. The National Health Organization suggests eating 5-7 servings of them every day – and with today’s quality of soil, food being picked unripe and then shipped long distances, as well as our bodies having to fight a lot of toxins, this official number just barely meets our requirements.
But since we’re living in the real world, it can be very inconvenient to try and add in as many fruits and vegetables you can on a daily basis. Our busy schedules don’t allow time-consuming preparation and taking 30 minutes off to chew a huge bowl of salad. Luckily, there is a way which makes it super easy and delicious to get in all the phytonutrients, antioxidants and fiber we need to stay healthy and thrive!
The answer to this is: Smoothies
These colorful, healthy drinks have become more and more popular for some very good reasons. You can freestyle with your favorite fruits and vegetables, empty your fridge by creating a beautiful frothy meal, and stay healthy at the same time.
Can you imagine, how many bananas, oranges, and kiwis you can put into a normal-sized glass? By blending them, they become much more dense and soft, making it very easy to load your stomach up with tons of essential nutrients.
- Nutritional Powerhouses: Even your very important dose of green leafy vegetables can be included in smoothies – and you can make them taste sweet instead of savory. Playing around with different combinations, spices, and textures is a lot of fun and offers endless possibilities.
- Easy Preparation: This will rid you of the excuse of not having enough time to eat healthfully – a smoothie can usually be prepared in less than 5 minutes, and it’s the perfect on-the-go drink. I like to sip mine when working on the computer. It doesn’t get much more convenient than that!
- Improved Digestion: Smoothies are gentle on your stomach and colon – plus, when using a high quality blender, many of the plant cells will get broken down, and therefore allowing more nutrients to get absorbed. Your teeth just cannot compare to these blades, so let your blender ‘chew’ it for you! I personally use and love my Nutri Ninja.
- Weight Loss: With some extra liquids and lots of fiber added to your daily meals, it’ll make it easier for you to lose some extra pounds. Being nourished on a cellular level greatly reduces any cravings for unhealthy junk, which helps to make the right food choices.
- Energy Boost: Smoothies give you a quick energy boost and fill you up, while still making it possible to exercise and move around quickly after you’ve had one. And while we’re at it, they will boost your happiness and mental clarity, letting the glucose give you a nice raise in your serotonin level.
So what are you waiting for?
It’s time to add in some of these wonderful drinks into your daily diet – no matter what your current way of eating is, you will experience great benefits. Just choose whatever seems most appealing to your palette and start blending! You’ve got your health in your own hands.